April 06, 2006

Lookie lookie (or "Damn, I'm good!!")

Looks like either Legwarmers is a little ahead of the "cool" curve or someone ran out of his own material, huh?

Yep, Jason Mulgrew totally borrowed and wrote about my new musical fantasy material, Jake Sakawhateverhislastnameis, and his kick-ass rendition of "As My Guitar Gently Weeps" which I wrote about DAYS ago, (ok, 2 days ago, but whatever) here. Now because I'm not typically a trendsetter in the blogosphere, I'm quite proud of this.

[I mean, I mostly piss and moan, make fun of myself, make fun of other people, tell stories about my family, link to people more interesting than myself, and discuss sex, food and music (my three reasons for existence, as you know). Reeeal original.]

Also, I'm proud of it because I figure anyone with a book deal and some (very small, but still) measure of infamy should probably hold themselves to a higher standard than I, a lowly, overworked, underpaid, vegetable-eating geek-lover who writes this crap on the side, and mostly hungover. So yay for me.

I know, it's sad, but really it's the little things in life that make me happy. Like beating a blogging, meat-eating, book-writing, People-Magazine-Bachelor New Yorker to an awesome but obscure clip of a ukelele-playing Beatles-covering dude I want to make out with named Jake.
_____________________________

In other news, I'm starting a new job on Monday. It's a fantastic opportunity at a much larger company but in the same field I'm currently in. There is every upside to this transition: greater intellectual stimuli due to the incredibly successful and smart people who will be around me, a significantly larger paycheck, upward mobility and the chance to develop into a ::gasp:: young, female, biz-whiz -- and soon. So I'm stoked.

That's all for now. I'm starving, so keeping this short. But there's good stuff coming... maybe even tomorrow. So hold your breath, gang. (Because you'll almost certainly read it here first, obviously.)

2 comments:

Drew said...

What's the deal with ukelele players having long, unable-to-be-pronounced last names? You know like the one dude, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole? He was that 700-lb. Hawaiian dude who did the version of "It's a Wonderful World" that's used in all sorts of stuff, like eBay ads and Finding Forrester and when I'm trying to impress people by saying Kamakawiwo'ole. People usually aren't impressed that much.

By the way, that dude kills it.

Trebuchet said...

I don't know, but there's something about a huge dude playing a ukelele that just makes me want to squeal and clap my hands like a little girl.

It's just so adorable.